- Tomato 4
- Garlic 6-7 pods
- Bay leaf 2
- Ginger a small piece
- Yellow moong dal 1 tblsp
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper to taste
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Butter 2 tsp
- Full cream milk 1/2 cup or fresh cream 2 tblsp
- Wash and put the tomatoes in a broad vessel along with garlic, moong dal ,ginger and bay leaf.
- Pressure cook it till 2 – 3 whistles.
- Take out the skin from the tomato. Discard the ginger and bay leaf. Keep the excess water in a separate bowl. Blend all the others into a smooth paste.
- Strain the ground mixture and discard the tomato seeds. Add little water to adjust the consistency (if needed)
- In a pan add butter and pour the blended ingredients and bring it to boil and add a teaspoon of sugar, salt and pepper.
- Allow this to boil.
Switch off the flame and add milk (room temperature) or fresh cream.
Mix well and serve hot.
- Tomato soup is ready to serve. You can add some bread croutons to this and serve.