Skip to content
- Raw rice 3/4 cup
- Moong dal 3 tblsp
- Jaggery 1 cup (reduce to 3/4 th cup acc to the sweetness of the jaggery)
- Cashew nuts 10
- Raisins few
- Cardamom powder a pinch
- Ghee 3-4 tblsp
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Wash the Rice and Moong dal.
- In a pressure cook, add a tbsp ghee, then add Rice and Moong dal( fry in ghee for 2 minutes).
- Add water and pressure cook for 3 whistles
- In a kadai,add a tblsp of ghee and fry the cashewnuts and raisins seperately till golden brown.
- Keep aside.
- Add jaggery in the kadai and add a few tblsp of water to it.
- Stir in between till the jaggery melts.
- Filter the impurities.
- Again heat the jaggery syrup in the kadai for 5 mins.
- Mash the cooked rice nicely by adding milk to it.
- Add the rice mixture to the jaggery syrup.
- Mix nicely to avoid forming lumps
- Keep the stove in low flame.
- Add ghee ,elachi powder to it.
- Garnish with cashew and raisins and transfer to a serving bowl.
error: Content is protected !!