Chapathi is a traditional Indian dish to do at home. The method is so easy and can be quickly made. Chapathis are made basically with three ingredients. I used to have Chapathi twice in a week. In my home, we normally prefer Paneer Butter Masala as side dish for Chapathi. When we get tired of making regular Chapathis, will try making Parathas using same procedure for dough making with varieties of stuffings
- Wheat Flour- 1 cup
- ghee- 2 tbsp (for dough making) + as per taste for making chapathis.
- Water as needed
- Salt as required
- Take a wide bowl, add wheat flour, ghee and salt. Mix everything together to evenly spread all the ingredients
- Add water little by little and mix it for 5 minutes till we get a soft chapathi dough
- Close the dough in airtight container or cover with a wet cotton towel and set aside for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, split the dough, roll into small balls
- Using Rolling pin, make a Round Chapathi
- Heat a pan, add ghee to it
- Put the Chapathi in the tawa, wait for 2 minutes and turn it next side. You will see small bubbles start to appear in that side.
- Apply some ghee to it and turn to next side.
- Chapathi is ready once it gets roasted both the sides.
- Ready to Serve with some gravy!!! 🙂