Samosa is a traditional Chat menu item in India. So, I was tempted to give a try when I started to cook. I used 1:1 ratio of Wheat flour and Maida. Even can use whole wheat flour completely for the dish. I used veggies of my choice for the preparation and I did from the scratch. Samosa sheets can be made previous day and refrigerated to save cook time
For Samosa Sheets:
- Wheat Flour- 1/2 Cup
- Maida -1/2 Cup
- Salt as required
- Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1
- Vegetables -carrot, potato -Grated -1/2 Cup
- Peas- 3 tbsp
- Green chillis – 1
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Powder -1/2 tbsp
- Amchur Powder -1/2 tbsp
- Corainder Powder -1 tbsp
- Cuming Powder – 1 tbsp
Prepare Samosa Sheets:
- Mix all ingredients and prepare a dough
- Cover the dough in air tight container or close it with a wet cotton towel and set aside for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes time, split the dough into 4 pieces. Roll into a thin chapathi with rolling pin
- Cut the corners, Make a rectangle and cut into 2 halves.
- Repeat it for remaining dough. Now we get 8 samosa sheets.
- Heat a pan, put the sheet 2 seconds each side. Now our samosa sheets are ready. You can store it for future use as well.
- Mix all ingredients and make the stuffing ready for Samosa.
- Take our samosa sheet, apply maida paste in one side, roll like cone.
- Put the stuffing inside, close the samosa using maida paste.
- Now our samosas are ready to fry.
- Heat a pan, add oil. Once the oil is ready for fry, place our prepared samosas.
- Turn both side and make sure, it gets fried both sides.
- Samosas are ready!!!
Note: You can leave vegetables and use onions alone to make Small Onion Samosas!!!