Garam Masala Powder is a must have item at home to prepare different variety of dishes. Home made Garam Masala powder always give a nice aroma and adds good taste to the food. I generally buy garam masala from shops. One day, when I was talking to a friend, she gave me steps to prepare this recipe. So, I thought of trying out this powder, store it for long time use
- Coriander Seeds 1/2 Cup
- Cuming Seeds 3 tblsp
- Black pepper 2 tblsp
- Cinnamon 6-7
- Big Elachi 10
- Cloves 1/2 Tbslp
- Mace 1-2
- Nutmeg 2
- Star Anise 5
- Small cardamom 1 tblsp
(You can get Garam Masala Items in a packet)
- Dry roast them in a pan for 3-4 minutes. Do not make it burnt. Just keep in medium flame till all the whole spices are warm when u touch it.
- Grind this in a mixer into a fine powder.
- Sieve this again and make it into a fine powder again.
- Keep it in a dry airtight container.
- Homemade garam masala is ready.