Rasam Powder is a must have item at home for preparing instant Rasams. When I was working and staying away from home, my mom used to prepare sambar powder and send it to me. She uses Sambar powder for both Rasam and Sambar. Sometimes, she prepares the Rasam with freshly made powder instantaneously. I normally like to prepare Rasam with Rasam powder than using Sambar powder. I asked her the steps for Rasam powder separately and started to do myself and store it for long time use
- Tur Dal – 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1 tbsp
- Red Chillis – 5
- Fenugreek Seeds -1/2 tbsp
- Cuming Seeds – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Corainder Seeds 1 1/2 tbsp
- Dry roast all the ingredients in a medium low flame till they get evenly browned.
- Allow this to cool and grind in a mixer into a fine powder.
- after some time store this in a air tight container.
If making rasam for 4 people use 1- 1 and 1/2 tsp of this rasam powder.