Potato is an addictive vegetable for many and can be consumed in all type of recipes. Here is one such choice for side dish for poori or chapathi. Potato Masala is a simple and easy choice to try out for beginner cooking persons. It will be simply pressure cooking the vegetable and adding some masala in it. Even if we skip a step, it will taste good 🙂 I share the recipe which I tried below
Preparation Time: 10 mins| Cooking Time : 20 Mins | Serves: 2-3
- Potato -10(if small)/4 large -Pressure cook and peel off skin
- Onion – 1
- Tomato -1
- Green Chillis – 3
- Ginger – 1tbsp
- Garlic – 3 pods
- Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Gram Flour – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 pinch
- Curry Leaves
- Mustard Seeds – 1tbsp
- Urad dal – 1tbsp
- Oil as required
- Salt as required
- Heat a pan, add oil. Once it is heated, add mustard seeds, urad dal. Wait till the mustard seeds splutters. Then add ginger, garlic, green chillis and curry leaves.
- Now add onions to it. Saute till the onion becomes tranlucent
- Add Tomato. Saute till it get cooked. Now it is time to add turmeric powder, chilli powder and Salt
- Mix everything together adding potatoes
- Boil it for 1 minute. Put water in gram flour and mix well without any lumps in it.
- Add the gram flour mix to our dish. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Serve it hot with Pooris…!!!